Renewable Energy Park Scheme
Under the Special Area Demonstration Programme, Energy parks and solar shops are being set up to demonstrate the applications and after sale service of various renewable energy devices.
Energy Park Scheme :
- To create awareness among the students and teaching faculties about the new technologies developed in the area of renewable energy .
- To demonstrate the working of these technologies through working models.
- To educate the students regarding application of various renewable energy sources, energy conservation and their socio-environmental benefits.
Cost & Incentives :
- The cost of an energy park ranges between Rs.1.00 lac to Rs.10.00 lacs, depending upon its size.
- The MNRS,GOI provides 75% of the project cost as financial assistance for setting up these energy parks.
- Balance 25% cost is to be shared by the host institute.
- In case of a second energy park in the same district, the MNRE,GOI financial assistance reduces to 50% of the project cost
- The smaller projects may need about 250 sq. yards of land and the bigger ones nearly ½ an acre.
So far, 20 energy parks have been set up in 18 districts of the State at following places:
- Regional Engineering College , Kurukshetra
- Sir Chotu Ram State College of Engg. , Murthal, Sonepat
- College of Agricultural Engineering and Technology, HAU, Hisar
- Convent of Jesus & Mary, Ambala Cantt
- Haryana Institute of Rural Development, Nilokheri, Karnal
- Hansraj Public School , Panchkula
- Ahir College , Rewari
- Guru Jhambeshwar University , Hisar
- Mini Secretariat, Karnal
- Govt. Polytechnic, Sirsa
- Govt. Polytechnic, Jhajjar
- BKN Govt. Polytechnic, Narnaul
- ML Institute of Technology, Radaur, Yamuna Nagar
- Mewat, Model School, Nuh
- Adrash Mahila Mahavidyala, Bhiwani
- College of Technology & Management, Kaithal
- Navjyoti Foundation, Gurgaon
- YMCA Institute of Engineering & Technology, Faridabad
- Vaish College of Enegineering, Rohtak
- Manohar Memorial College, Fatehbad