The Govt. of India has enacted Energy Conservation Act- 2001 with the objective to provide a regulatory framework for formulation and implementation of Energy Conservation strategy in the Country for efficient use of energy. This act has come into force with effect from 01.3.2002.The Govt. Of Haryana has designated the Department of Renewable Energy / Haryana Renewable Energy Development Agency (HAREDA) as the State Designated Agency (SDA) to coordinate, regulate and enforce the provision of the Energy Conservation Act, 2001 in the State of Haryana. The Haryana Govt, has identified energy conservation as one of the thrust areas and many initiatives have been taken in this regard. The Department of Renewable Energy, Haryana has formulated a scheme for awarding Industries, Commercial buildings, Govt. buildings, educational institutions, hospitals, municipal committees / corporations and individuals who have excelled in adopting the various energy conservation measures in their buildings / units to save electricity / other fuels.Read More
- Guidelines for Scheme on State Level Energy Conservation Awards.
- Scheme on Interest free loan for energy conservation measures
- Mandatory Notification use of Light Emitting Diode (LED) lamps/ tube lights and energy efficient lighting 29-06-2016
- ECBC Notification 31-03-2016
- Policy guidelines for finalizing all the rate contract/supplies pertaining to Energy Efficient Lighting Systems Dated:25-02-2014