Renewable Energy Department,
Haryana & HAREDA
Akshay Urja Bhawan
Institutional Plot No.1
Panchkula Pin: 134109
|0172-2587233, 2587833..View more|
ACTION TAKEN BY DEPARTMENT/HAREDA TO IMPLEMENT ECBC IN THE STATE
To promote the Energy Efficiency in the building sector and for the capacity building, the following steps have been taken by the State Govt. for the implementation of the ECBC in the State:-
(1) The Haryana Govt. has taken an in principal decision to adopt the Energy Conservation Building Codes (ECBC) launched by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency Govt. of India in July 2007.
(2) One day National Level Workshop on promoting the Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC) was organized on 11.7.08 at Gurgaon for capacity building and creating the awareness among the architects, Engineers, Builders, SDA’s & Other stake holder departments about the Energy Efficiency Building design and Energy conservation Building code..
(3) Energy Conservation Handbook for Buildings & Homes in (English and Hindi) have been prepared and distributed.
(4) Two Day Training Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC) and GRIHA rating was organized on 12th &13th Nov. 2009 at Haryana Panchayat Bhawan, Candigarh.
(5) The Department has organized a “Two days Training on ECBC & Green Buildings”on 15th and 16th July, 2010 at Retreat Gurgaon. This training was attended by 51 participants.
(6) To crosscheck / verify the drawings of the Department of Architecture, Haryana as per ECBC through BEE empanelled architects/ consultants, BEE , GOI /HAREDA shall provide a sitting fee of Rs. 10,000/- per day to that Architect / Consultant. Accordingly, the Deptt. of Architect, Haryana has been informed for taking necessary action in the matter.
(7) On the occasion of celebration of State Level Energy Conservation Day on 18th December, 2009 Hon’ble CM, Haryana has announced to award Rs. 2.00 lac & Rs. 1.00 lacs to the architect for designing 4 star & above and 3 star rated building respectively.
(8) For demonstration of designing & construction of 5 star GRIHA rated / ECBC compliant office building, the Deptt. has constructed its office building “Akshay Urja Bhawan” at Sector -17, Panchkula.
(9) State Level Technical Committee (STC) has been constituted to recommend theamendments in the building bye-laws and revision of the HSR to incorporate Energy Conservation Building code (ECBC) and notified in the Gazette of Haryana Govt. on 28.01.2010. Two sub committees, to recommend the amendments in the building bye-laws (under the chairmanship of Chief Architect Department of Architecture) and to amend the HSR (under the chairmanship of Chief Engineer PWD B & R) have been constituted.
10. Haryana is the first State in the country to incorporate the energy efficient building material, Electrical items, and Solar Water Heating System, in the Haryana Scheduled of Rates (HSR) to implement ECBC in the state through Notification dated 4th November 2010.
11) On recommendations of the subcommittee headed by the Chief Architect, Architecture Department, the Standing Technical Committee headed by the Director General, HAREDA has recommended that the building bye laws of respective stake holder departments may be amended. Draft amendments and enforcement procedure are under preparation.
12) On the request of the Department, the BEE, GOI has provided the services of TERI for amending the building bye-laws. The recommendations regarding the specific modification of Municipal Building Byelaws received from TERI have been forwarded to Urban Local Bodies Deptt. for their comments so that same may be examined and discussed by Sub Committee. Thereafter, the action on them shall be taken by the line departments.
13) The state level energy conservation awards of Rs. 2.00 lacs to Rs. 50,0000 are being given to the Large scale and small scale industries, Govt. buildings, institutions and commercial sector consumers for excellence in Energy Conservation.
14) Energy Audit of 40 large govt. buildings have been carried out through BEE empanelled consultants & the implementation of the energy audit report is in progress by the respective owner s of the buildings. In addition to above, the work order forenergy audit of 12 more govt. buildings & 6 mandies has been placed & its reports are likely to be received shortly.
15) To encourage the energy audit in industrial, institutional, commercial & govt.buildings , the Deptt. has initiated a new scheme to bear 50% of the energy audit cost subject to maximum Rs. 50,000/- per unit as financial assistance.
16) Another training programme on ECBC was organized on 16-17 February, 2011 at Faridabad which was also attended by 51 participants from the NCR region.
17) A training programme on ECBC was organized on 3-4 December 2012 at NITTTR, Chandigarh which was attended by 55 participants from the Architecture Department, HUDA, PWD, HSIIDC, Urban Local Bodies Dept., Housing Board, DCR University of Science & Technology, Murthal( Sonepat) and other private practicing architects.. Sh.Sanjay Seth, EE and Sh.Girija Shankar, AEE from the BEE alongwith Prof.Rajan Rawal of the CEPT University were the main faculty.
18) An orientation workshop on Energy & Buildings with special reference to ECBC was organized on 14.3.2013 at Akshaya Urja Bhawan( HAREDA Office Building), Panchkula in association with Centre for Science & Environment(CSE), New Delhi which was attended by about 42 participants from the Architecture Department, HUDA, PWD, HSIIDC, Urban Local Bodies Dept., Power Utilities, Housing Board, DCR University of Science & Technology and other private practicing architects. Ms. Deepa Kumar, Assistant Project Manager, UNDP-GEF-BEE Project was among the speakers on the occasion.
19) For capacity building of professionals for implementation of ECBC in the State, HAREDA has been nominating architects and other building professional for the training programmes organized by the BEE at MNIT, Jaipur and CEPT University, Ahmedabad.